Restoration Volunteer Coach
Who We Are:
North Star’s mission is to restore women from trafficking: for freedom. for life. forever. We are committed to providing support to survivors of sex trafficking and exploitation. We operate The Harbor, a residential program that addresses the physical, psychological, emotional and spiritual needs of the women we serve with a Christ-centered focus.
North Star Initiative is seeking Volunteer Coaches to help with daily programmatic operations at The Harbor. They will assist staff in providing 24/7 coverage and be an essential part of the team that creates a warm, safe, and caring environment for the residents. Volunteer Coaches report to the Restoration Director.
- Ability to be able to “float” and available to help out where needed
- Assists the Restoration Coach with the daily schedule
- Possesses the ability to discern needs without overstepping boundaries
- Comfortably and appropriately interacts with the women
- Trained in resident interaction (provided by North Star)
- Ability to make a minimum 6-12 month commitment
- Hours during 1st, 2nd & 3rd shift available
Required Qualities and Experience:
- Purposeful and intentional relationship with Jesus Christ
- Ability to demonstrate the love, grace and compassion of Christ
- Awareness of the impact of human trafficking and trauma
- Cultural competency; an ability to communicate effectively with individuals of all backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to make a minimum 6-12 month commitment and complete required trainings
- Must be at least 21 years of age
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Awareness of the impact of sex trafficking, exploitation and trauma
- Experience working in social services
- Counseling experience
Volunteering is contingent upon a satisfactory outcome of a criminal history check, employment verification, and a fingerprint check.