North Star Initiative invites you to join us on Tuesday, May 14 from 6:30pm to 8:00pm for an event to help raise awareness and raise funds for the work of North Star Initiative. We will be joined by a moderated panel of local professionals who will dialog about what's happening in our community.
We'll be joined by the following panelists:
* Detective Chris Jones of the East Lampeter Police Department
* Lancaster Assistant District Attorney Karen Mansfield
* Dr. Patrick Rohal, Family Doctor at Covenant MD
* Jennifer Fasick, Program Director of She’s Somebody’s Daughter.
* Janelle Esbenshade, Director of Development at North Star Initiative
* Deb Bard, Director of Programming at North Star Initiative
Tickets are required and all proceeds from every ticket sold will go directly to benefit North Star Initiative. You must have a printed ticket for entry into the event. https://gcceventportal.churchcenter.com/registrations/events/229729?fbclid=IwAR0pEcebexu6uK_u0mPua8iAUERNyaFYtJQ6kcnp18bPf8_OfVSIDLI-8uk
Sex Trafficking is the buying and selling of women, girls, children and sometimes men to perform sexual acts against their will. They are held captive by an owner, who uses their body as a money making object.
Imagine feeling trapped with no way out. When caught in sex trafficking, the absence of fundamental human rights can paralyze even the most resilient. The related effects of sex trafficking are numerous, and a deep sense of shame, guilt and/ or hopelessness are also common to survivors of sex trafficking.
Why Pennsylvania is important:
We are a “pass-through” state as well as a destination location. Our proximity to metropolitan areas and interstate highways makes it easy for traffickers to move victims.